Pages

Thursday 28 April 2016

WSPR Transmitter

So after testing I was excited at how well the 20m WSPR transmitter my son soldered up for me worked. It performed flawlessly on the bench with a power output of 0.5W, just as intended. If it hadn't been such inclement weather this week it would have been on air by now. Hopefully if fines up in a few days so we can hoist up a dedicated antenna for this.

I have attached some shots of the top and bottom PCB layers. Pushing stuff around so the silkscreen would be legible took a lot longer than I expected. But it is almost done now and I will route the board again soon and get some fabricated in China.


Naturally I'm pretty chuffed about how well this project has come along. If you'd like to emulate it please let me know.

Regards
Richard VK6TT

No comments:

Post a Comment