Pages

Friday 14 August 2020

23cm 500mW Amplifier SXB4089Z

 After calming down over JLPCB's appalling process for dealing with their errors, which is to deny everything and obfuscate to the point I gave up, I populated one of the test boards for the SXB4089Z. My earlier posts here, here and here set out the steps I took to end up with the following:

 


My results did not quite match this. Using the nanoVNA to measure the input and output ports, adjust for the attenuation used and then combining everything into a single file for RFSIM99 to read showed that the output matching was nearly spot on (I will need to change the 1.2pF output capacitor to 1.0pF) but the input matching was all over the place. I repeated the measurements and got the same result.

I am confident that once the input reflections are resolved that it will only take a small tweak to get this working well.

73's

Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment