Pages

Sunday 7 May 2023

10W Class AB with parallel transistors - Follow-up to Initial SOT223 Package Results

Eventually I found time to measure the input impedance of the amplifier. With 3 turns on the input transformer the input impedance measured 340 ohms on 80m. This is the right most curve of the three shown below - the labeling of the markers might cause confusion. With 2 turns it dropped to 159 ohms and with just a single turn it was 37 ohms. 

Input impedance to 10W "JBOT" Amplifier

 

Gain for the 10W JBOT stage has risen to 20dB with the 1 turn winding. However, I'm not completely satisfied with the "shark fin" distortion that is present on the output. Perhaps I am too picky since I have never previously looked at the output of an amplifier before any low pass filtering. 

Next steps:

Add a low pass filter and measure the level of the harmonics.

If the harmonics are acceptable then I will have met my goal of a robust 10W amplifier.


No comments:

Post a Comment