Pages

Saturday 4 March 2023

Incorrect Fuse Bits - How to waste a month testing battery life.

I had 5 Joule Smasher Led Flashers running in my office for testing purposes and a further 5 ready for a larger trial.

  • 3 testing AG3 cells, 
  • one testing a flat AA cell, and
  • one testing a flat AAA cell.

I finished several trials with AG3 cells and was ready to post all my findings when I discovred the fuse bits on the micro were incorrectly set. This meant the on period was closer to 1ms than the 10ms I had planned for. 

With a 1ms on time the Joule Smasher Led Flasher will absolutely and unequivocally last for 10 years on a AA battery. Tonight I will check a 10ms on time version with a 1ms version to see how noticebly different the brightness is.

By the time I post something again I will have decided what the on time should be.


No comments:

Post a Comment