Pages

Saturday 19 August 2023

Joule Smasher Led FLasher - Flat CR2032 Results

So this trial was meant to be testing a NEW CR2032 cell. I initially expected it would last about 2.5 years. So imagine my surprise after 90 days when the voltage was dropping quickly:


Close inspection of the battery revealed it was not one of the new batch I had brought. Rather, it was probably the battery I changed out of a car or garage remote. Like my eyesight, my memory fails me!

Anyway. I'll let it run for another day or two till it stops then put in a fresh new battery. It is encouraging that a flat battery ran for over 3 months since it makes my estimate of 30 months from a CR2032 cell look readily achievable.

Meanwhile, the AA battery just keeps powering along on track for 10 years of life. 

 

Update - my maths was wrong. A new CR2032 should last perhaps 6 months. And a fresh AG3 cell perhaps 28 days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment