Pages

Monday 3 September 2018

Solder - The Good, Bad and Ugly of Chinese Solders

So I've been really busy for too long now on work matters. One aspect of that was hand soldering SMD boards. As I looked at my dwindling spools of solder I thought it would be useful to order some more. But yikes, the cost was surprising. So I thought I would test a few varieties from Chinese sources.

The results were generally disappointing. Here then is a brief summary of what I found:
 I do wonder how the Chinese can manufacturer so many electronic products without good quality solder. It must exist, but so far I have not found anything that matches what the manufacturers must be using.

I will try a few more rolls from different manufacturers in due course. If you have found something that works, I'd like to hear about it as would anyone else reading this.

73's

No comments:

Post a Comment