Pages

Friday 29 January 2021

Testing Relay Life - Update at 72,000 cycles

 Happily for me the STM8 hardware and STM8 eForth combination is once gain proving to be reliable and useful. The board I had made to test the relay is shown below. 

 


The test is reaching the point where I expected to see some form of degradation. But there is no strong evidence that failure is near. Until it fails I will not really know if results to date could have predicted it. 

 Looking at those peaks the 16 readings which are averaged and plotted for each cycle are consistent. It's not just a few high readings during the one cycle which push the average up. So in hindsight 16 readings per cycle was probably too many.

With a 32megabit flash chip hanging off the STM8003 I can save 4 million bytes. Since I take 16 readings for each relay cycle and only save the lower 8 bits for each reading that means I can save 250,000 readings. Will the relay last that long? Stay tuned...

73's


No comments:

Post a Comment