Pages

Wednesday 19 May 2021

9V 1Watt Led Driver for single Li-ion cells

 Recently I stumbled across the MT9284 led driver IC. The datasheet shows it can be used for strings of 7 white leds. There is a suggestion in the graphs that the maximum led current is perhaps 20mA. 

I also had some 1 watt white leds by Bridgelux, BXEN-65E-13H-9B-00-0-0. These are approximately 9V at 110ma. 

Can the MT9284 drive one or more of these? Yes. I have tested to date one Bridgelux device at currents up to 80mA. The efficiency has varied from 83% to 92%, depending on led current. 

Nice and bright! I'm going to update my collection of homebrew pocket torches. I find as I get older that the part markings are getting harder to read and a bright light source that can illuminate the part from different angles makes a big difference.

More soon.

73's

No comments:

Post a Comment