Pages

Friday 6 January 2023

Joule Smasher Led Flasher - Far better than the Discrete Version

While I waited for the battery life tests to run their course I wondered just how flat a AA battery could be before the Joule Smasher Led Flasher stopped working.

I had some AAA batteries that had stopped powering the discrete version simply because the voltage step across the LED was too small. So I transferred those AAA batteries to a Joule Smasher and started another course of measurements.

One of the batteries had a cell voltage of 763mV so I am interested to watch this one carefully. I missed the original AG3 battery failing because I went on a holiday.

Clearly though the Joule Smasher far exceeds the performance of the discrete version. If you must build a discrete version contact me because I have about 100 of these destined for the tip.

No comments:

Post a Comment