Pages

Friday 9 February 2024

Testing Anko CR2032 cells in Joule Smasher Led Flasher

I first wrote about how bad no-name CR2032 cells are here. As well as proving to be rubbish in the Joule Smasher Led Flasher (JSLF), they also proved short lived in a car remote. Which made me wonder if the JSLF could be a useful way of testing different brands of CR2032 cells.

Since I needed a new battery for the car remote I brought a pack of 4 Anko CR2032 cells from K-mart.  Almost immediately I could see how much better they were than the no-name rubbish from Crapbay. The best of the no-name cells had dropped below 3.2V within 2.5 hours.The worst example was almost immediately below 3.2V.

However, the Anko cell was still above 3.2V at the 6 hour mark. Present indications are it will hit 3.2V at the 7 hour mark. The next few days will give me some confidence in my purchase!

4 Pack Button Cell Batteries - CR2032 - Kmart

No comments:

Post a Comment