Pages

Monday 9 September 2024

Li Ion Pulse Charging - Proof of Concept Test Part 7

Not much to report at present because a recent and unexpected diagnosis of Acute Myeloid Leukemia meant a plus 5 week hospital stay undergoing further testing and chemotherapy.

I did however download the log of test results before my stay for one of those chinese 18650 xxxxx mah cells. This was a new, but old stock, battery and had been used in a pulse charger to test the hardware and software. After 322 discharge cycles there did not appear to be any degradation in reported capacity. 

A few hours at home yesterday on day release meant I could download the logs for the abused tablet Li-Ion batteries. They too showed no signs of degradation after large number of cycles.

I don't know if that is the result of terminating the charge cycle at 3.95V, the discharge cycle at 2.96V or the pulse charging regime. When I get back on deck I will be able to finally start a proper trial to see if pulse charging is of a benefit.






No comments:

Post a Comment